Healing Through Storytelling: My Adoption Journey on a Podcast


I recently had the pleasure of sharing my story with Trishna on her podcast, "The Chai with T," and it was an incredible experience. The conversation flowed effortlessly, and I appreciated how Trishna truly listened and offered insightful follow-up comments and questions.


Over the past few years, I've shared my journey in various spaces and platforms, often as a panellist on adoptee panels. However, this was my first time doing a podcast. I've been meaning to do a podcast but felt like I needed to wait for the right moment and the right platform. 

I am now finally at a point where I can share my story comfortably. I'm able to speak about my experiences with full acceptance of the things I've lived through, without reliving the trauma. It was especially meaningful to do this on a podcast hosted by another South Asian adoptee.


The experience was different from writing about my journey. When I write, I have the time to reflect, edit, and ensure everything is just right. But on a podcast, the conversation is both organic and raw. Listening back to my episode with Trishna, I noticed that I might have missed a few details. Still, it was a genuine reflection of where I am today.


Right now, I’m filled with gratitude for my wife and children, who have been my anchors through all the craziness. They’ve given me better memories to cherish. I’m also deeply thankful for my in-laws—of all the families to marry into, I’m glad it was theirs. I’m grateful for my siblings; despite everything we’ve been through, I’m glad it was with them. And to every adoptee I’ve met and spoken with since discovering my own adoption, thank you for being part of this journey.


If you're interested in hearing my story, definitely check out my episode on "The Chai with T."  I'm incredibly grateful to Trishna for creating such a safe and welcoming space. It was truly inspiring, and she’s a wonderful host!

Popular posts from this blog

Discovery

The Letter

I am Adopted